Who We Are
Axiom Engineering Group (AEG) is a dynamic team of structural, mechanical, electrical, and technology engineers that provides full spectrum building engineering solutions to clients throughout the western United States. We like to approach all our projects as a single building system requiring the simultaneous development of structural, mechanical, electrical, IT and security solutions. We leverage the latest 3D design and analytical technologies to deliver innovative solutions that exceed client expectations and define excellence, which is our constant goal.
We are seeking a low voltage systems engineer with a minimum of five years’ experience, along with proven project and client relationship management skills to lead our growing regional practice. Candidate should have supervisory experience and Professional Engineer licensure or BICSI RCDD Certification. Our ideal candidate will be an equal mix of technical experience, business acumen, and people skills. The salary range for this position is $95K – $115K, including salary and annual incentive bonus, depending on experience.
Why Work at Axiom Engineering Group
If you enjoy the challenge of working on an integrated team of engineers solving the toughest issues, Axiom Engineering Group is the company you have been looking for. We have built an incredible team of human beings who are also engineers, designers and drafters united by their passion for our clients’ success. We are a family-friendly employer and provide flexible hours and hybrid office policies.
Your Growth Opportunity
This position serves a pivotal role in client relations, ensuring quality design and project deliverables that align with exceptional client experience and AEG standards. This individual may serve as technical lead, project designer, or task manager on projects. In this position, you will be responsible for engineering and design tasks of increased complexity and impact. Proven success can lead to an ownership/equity opportunity. In this position you will:
- Apply engineering principles and standards to perform and direct engineering tasks.
- Design and direct the design of project elements.
- Develop construction and bid documents in accordance with organization and client processes.
- Construction administration process and directing on-site construction observation.
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control review to ensure compliance with client and AEG quality standards.
- Participate in and facilitate meetings with stakeholders and clients.
- Supervise and develop staff to meet established objectives, including utilization, task performance and quality controls, and build team morale.
- Talent Management accountabilities include hiring, promotions, terminations, performance reviews, training, succession planning and leadership development.
- Ensure that employees are supported by a work environment conducive to high productivity, innovation, collaboration, safety, and overall employee engagement and satisfaction.
What You’re Responsible For
- Demonstrated advanced design competency in low voltage systems engineering.
- Responsible for the completion of project tasks independently or in teams.
- Plans, organizes, and manages project elements including client management.
- Prepare and review written reports and other documents.
- Assist with preparing for and facilitating public and/or client meetings.
- Assist with scope, fee, and schedule development.
- Market to existing or potential clients and obtain work.
- Engineer of Record for deliverables.
- Proposal and interview development.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a related engineering discipline from an ABET accredited postsecondary institution.
- Professional Engineer licensure or BICSI RCDD Certification.
- Must have experience using Visio or other appropriate CAD solution.
- Must possess MS Office skills including Word and Excel.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate motorized vehicles.
- Supervisory duties or ability to lead a team.
- Project Management experience, including CPM or PERT scheduling, budget tracking.
- Prior Engineering Consultant experience.
What Else You Need to Know
This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive or restrictive and other duties may be assigned. It is a description of the job as presently defined and is subject at any time to revision. This document is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities, as needed.
At Axiom Engineering Group, we have a vested interest in the personal, financial, and professional goals of our employees. Salary is dependent on demonstrated skills and experience. We offer a competitive full suite benefit package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, short- and long-term disability options, and 401k.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US without employer-sponsorship. Axiom Engineering Group does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas and does not participate in any OPT training program.
Position will be open until filled.
Job Type: Full-time
Base Salary: $95,000-$115,000 per year
- Bonus Program
- Health Insurance with Health Savings or Flex Spending Account Options
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long- and Short-Term Disability Options
- Flexible Schedule
- Paid time off
Monday to Friday
Work location: In person